Members’ Guidebook for Memorial Arrangements
Who to Contact Upon Death of a Loved One:
1. The Minister at Crenshaw Christian Center’s emergency telephone number (after office hours) is (323) 751-3193.
2. Church Office: Crenshaw Christian Center’s office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM.Â Please ask for the Bereavement Coordinator.
3. The Mortuary
Do not select a date and time prior to contacting the Church Office. Click Here to Download Memorial Form
5. Insurance Company
6. Relatives and Friends
TheÂ Bereavement Office Will Assist You With the Following:
1. Confirming the date and time of the service
2. Requesting the Officiating Pastor
3. Planning the Order of Service
4. Arranging for the music and musicians (2 selections)
5. Reviewing the Program including the obituary and remarks prior to printing.
ALL MATERIAL USED FOR SERVICES HELD AT CCC, PROGRAMS, HANDOUTS, WRITTEN MATERIALS, (COMMENTS) MUST BE REVIEWED BY THE OFFICIATING PASTOR BEFORE BEING SENT TO PRINT BY THE FAMILY
Persons for Whom the Church will Render Services OnsiteÂ at CCC:
Members and their immediate minor children living in the household, family (son or daughter) who have confessed Christ as their personal Savior and Lord and do not have a church home.
NOTE: The Church will provide aÂ pastor to officiate for any other family members, be they Christians or non-Christians, away from the Church (at a mortuary, graveside or other churches).
Services the Church Will Provide for Members:
1. Officiating Pastor
2. Musician and Soloist, Onsite only
3. Ushers (when services are at the Church)
4. Repast Service Meal – Bereavement Committee prepares food for 50 family members.
THERE IS NO FEE CHARGED FOR ANY SERVICES PERFORMED BY THE STAFF OF CRENSHAW CHRISTIAN CENTER.
Obituary Normally Includes:
1. Name of deceased
2. Date of birth or age of deceased
3. Important educational details
4. When the deceased received Jesus as his or her personal Savior and Lord
5. Church involvement (i.e. Helps Ministry)
6. What he or she contributed to society
7. Military service record Military decorations, awards, etc.
8. Membership in professional associations
9. Names of survivors and their relationships